Whitchurch Town Council

Draft Full Council Minutes – 3 April 2017

Minutes of Meetings are published as soon as possible on the website for the benefit of the public. However these do not become the formal record of meetings until endorsed at the next meeting of the Town Council. Therefore you should always check to see whether any amendments have been made.

Present:

  Cllr A Jordan   Cllr J Aves   Cllr M Berridge
  Cllr J Buckley *a Cllr S Egan   Cllr C Isbester
  Cllr B Jackman *a Cllr R Jordan   Cllr A Klemz
  Cllr F Nicolson   Cllr H Titcomb   Cllr J Wall
     
*a Cllr K Watts (BDBC) *a Cllr C Ashfield (BDBC) *a Cllr T Thacker (HCC)
     
  Also: Mrs K Bleazard, Clerk; Mrs S Woodman, Deputy Clerk; Mr M Nightingale and 3 members of the public.
  (*a denotes absence)

1. Apologies

Apologies were received from Cllrs S Egan and R Jordan; Ward Cllrs C Ashfield and K Watts and Mr D George.

2. Declarations of Interest

There were none.

3. Recording of the Meeting

All present were asked to note that this meeting is recorded by the Council and may be recorded by members of the public.

4. Minutes

Cllr F Nicolson PROPOSED that the Minutes of the Meeting of Full Council of 6th March 2017 be approved; SECONDED by Cllr J Wall.  The vote was unanimous.

5. Monthly Reports

i) Chairman’s Report

The Chairman gave a brief report (see Appendix A).

ii) Borough/County Councillors’ Report

Ward Cllr K Watts had reported by email that planning permission has been granted to David Wilson Homes and to Whitchurch Silk Mill Trust.  He had not received any information about the proposed ground share between Whitchurch United and Basingstoke Town Football Club.

The Clerk then read out Ward Cllr C Ashfield’s report (see Appendix B).  There was no report from the County Councillor.

iii) Police Report

The Clerk read out a report from PCSO Piers Ambler (see Appendix C).  Following the news that he would be leaving in a fortnight’s time, Cllr J Buckley PROPOSED a vote of thanks to PCSO Ambler in appreciation of his work in the community, saying that he had been very approachable and easy to work with, despite the extreme limitations on policing resources. SECONDED by Cllr C Isbester; the vote was unanimous.  Cllr A Jordan said that he would write a personal letter of thanks on behalf of Councillors, and write to the Area Inspector requesting details of Piers Ambler’s replacement and what the coverage will be.  Cllr Isbester asked for a request for feedback on the outcomes of reported crimes to be included. ACTION: AJ

6. Development Committee

i) Chairman’s Report

Cllr J Buckley gave a brief report (see Appendix D).

ii) Planning Application 16/02951/FUL – Anaerobic Digester at Faulkners Down Farm, Walworth Road, Picket Piece

Although WTC is not a statutory consultee on this application, Hurstbourne Priors Parish Council believes the development would affect the town by increasing unsuitably large vehicle traffic through the centre of Whitchurch.  After a full discussion, Cllr A Jordan PROPOSED that:

a) the Town Council fully supports the objection raised by Hurstbourne Priors Parish Council, and

b) that lorries going to and from the site are given a designated route avoiding Whitchurch town centre and are fined, as per the precedent set for the Vitacress company at St Mary Bourne, if they do not follow the designated route.

SECONDED by Cllr F Nicolson.  Cllr B Jackman had temporarily left the room and all present voted in favour.

7. Leisure and Environment Committee – Chairman’s Report

Cllr F Nicolson presented a brief report (see Appendix E).

8. Resources and Policy Committee

i) Chairman’s Report

There was none.

ii) Confirm the List of Payments for March 2017

Cllr J Wall PROPOSED that the lists of payments for February 2017 is approved; SECONDED by Cllr F Nicolson.  The vote was unanimous.  (See Appendix F).

9. Trustees of Whitchurch Town Hall –  Chairman’s Report

There was none.

10. Community SpeedWatch

Mr M Nightingale gave a brief report (see Appendix G).  Following his announcement resigning from the CSW group, the Clerk was asked to contact the other volunteers to seek a replacement co-ordinator. ACTION: KB

11. 2018 – 100th Anniversary

Cllr J Buckley said that following advertisement of this item, he had received a few suggestions.

12. Whitchurch Strategic Plan and Vision Statement

Cllr A Jordan had covered this item in his Chairman’s report, and said he would collate the results and leave the Plan in place for the next Chairman.

13. Neighbourhood Plan

Cllr A Klemz read out David George’s report (see Appendix H).  Cllr Klemz PROPOSED that the Town Council accepts the NPSC’s recommendations, as set out in its report of 3rd April, to appoint Janet Cheesley as the Independent Examiner for the Whitchurch Neighbourhood Plan; SECONDED by Cllr J Wall.  The vote was unanimous.  The Clerk to notify BDBC accordingly. ACTION: KB

14. ‘Sitting with Jane’ Sculpture Trail

Cllr C Isbester said she had not had any offers of support yet from the town’s traders.  The decorated bench would be delivered to the Silk Mill on 17th June.

15. Representatives to Outside Bodies Report

i) Millennium Meadow Report

There was none.

ii) Silk Mill Report

The Silk Mill’s newsletter had been circulated previously.

iii) Friends of QEII Field Report

Cllr M Berridge said that the snowdrops from the verge at Winchester Road had been replanted in the Field.

iv) Whitchurch Association Report

There was none.

16. General Correspondence

  • Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust are setting up a Heritage Lottery Fund bid for managing and improving the headwaters of the River Test, and asked for a representative of the Town Council to engage with them.  Cllr C Isbester agreed to take this forward as it will link in with work to the town’s Flood Plan.  In a brief update on the Flood Plan, she said that David George had produced a draft risk assessment and it was agreed that Cllr Isbester will engage with the Environment Agency and seek their view on the draft.
  • Letter from Cllr K Watts re the Whitchurch Youth Project – volunteers are sought to work with the leadership team of the new over-14s youth club, and at a future date, to nominate a Council-appointed trustee to the organisation.  Any interested parties were asked to contact Cllr Watts.

The meeting closed at 8.25 pm.

Comments are closed.