Development Committee Minutes – 27 February 2017
|Cllr J Buckley||Cllr J Aves||Cllr S Egan|
|Cllr B Jackman||Cllr A Jordan||Cllr A Klemz|
|Cllr F Nicolson||Cllr H Titcomb||Cllr J Wall|
|(‘a’ denotes absence)|
|Mrs K Bleazard, Clerk||Mrs S Woodman, Deputy Clerk|
|Cllr C Isbester and 4 members of the public|
There were none.
2. Declarations of Interest
There were none.
3. Recording of the Meeting
All present were asked to note that this meeting is recorded by the Council and may be recorded by members of the public.
Cllr F Nicolson PROPOSED that the Minutes of the Development Committee meeting of 13th February 2017 be confirmed; SECONDED by Cllr H Titcomb. There voted 5 in favour, 3 abstentions and the Motion was carried.
5. Planning Applications
|Application No.||17/00256/HSE||Received: 9.2.17||Return by: 1.3.17|
|Location||14 Newbury Street, Whitchurch, RG28 7DN|
|Proposal||Erection of two storey rear extension following demolition of workshop and store|
|Response||Cllr A Klemz PROPOSED no objection; SECONDED by Cllr S Egan. The vote was unanimous.|
|Application No.||T/00055/17/TCA||Received: 14.2.17||Return by: 7.3.17|
|Location||12 Church Street, Whitchurch|
|Proposal||T1 Birch – fell.
T2 Birch – crown lift to 4.5m
|Response||Cllr J Wall PROPOSED no objection; SECONDED by Cllr A Klemz. There voted 8 in favour; 1 abstention and the Motion was carried.|
|Application No.||17/00476/HSE||Received: 15.2.17||Return by: 7.3.17|
|Location||16 Pound Meadow, Whitchurch, RG28 7LG|
|Proposal||Erection of single storey rear extension. Installation of 1 no. window to side elevation.|
|Response||A letter was read out from the resident at 96 London Road, raising objection on the grounds of loss of privacy, noise and disturbance due to the proximity of the development to her boundary fence. Members felt that there was sufficient distance between the proposed extension and her property and Cllr J Wall PROPOSED no objection; SECONDED by Cllr A Klemz. The vote was unanimous.|
|Application No.||17/00538/ADV||Received: 17.2.17||Return by: 10.3.17|
|Location||Land at Winchester Road, Whitchurch, RG28 7RB|
|Proposal||Display of 4 no. flags and flagpoles and various non-illuminated sales signage|
|Response||Cllr A Jordan PROPOSED no objection; SECONDED by Cllr B Jackman. There voted 8 in favour, 1 abstention and the Motion was carried.|
|Application No.||17/00490/HSE||Received: 22.2.17||Return by: 13.3.17|
|Location||2 Vinery Close, Whitchurch, RG28 7HQ|
|Proposal||Erection of single storey side and rear extensions and first floor side extension|
|Response||The applicant, Mr Ramsell, was present and in answer to a question, confirmed that the surface of the parking area would be permeable. Cllr S Egan PROPOSED no objection; SECONDED by Cllr F Nicolson. There voted 7 in favour; 2 abstentions and the Motion was carried.|
6. Whitchurch Silk Mill – 16/03779/FUL
A Transport Statement had been circulated to Members for the opportunity to comment if they wished. Cllr C Isbester was in attendance in her capacity as a Trustee of the Silk Mill, to answer any questions raised. Members commended the submission of a Transport Statement and although some issues had been identified, they felt that the Silk Mill should be supported. Following a full discussion on various points including projected visitor numbers and parking, Cllr J Buckley PROPOSED that:
- The Transport Statement should be reviewed periodically
- The Silk Mill is encouraged to work with others in the town, eg. schools
- Incentives should be included to encourage people to use other means of transport to visit the Mill, rather than driving cars.
SECONDED by Cllr A Klemz; the vote was unanimous. It was agreed that these comments will be sent to the Silk Mill.
It was noted that the planning application was likely to be determined by BDBC Officers, however, should this change and go to the Development Committee, it was agreed to submit a request to speak under the Public Participation Scheme. ACTION: KB/SW
7. Updates and Results
The following had been circulated previously:
|Application No.||16/04583/HSE||Received: 19.12.16||Return by: 5.1.17|
|Location||99 Winchester Road, Whitchurch, RG28 7JB|
|Proposal||Erection of first floor extension|
|Response||There had been one objection from a neighbour, and Cllr Klemz felt that the extension would be overbearing on the adjacent property. Following a short discussion, Cllr J Buckley PROPOSED no objection; SECONDED by Cllr H Titcomb. There voted 6 in favour, 1 against and the Motion was carried.|
|Application No.||16/04644/FUL||Received: 3.1.17||Return by: 12.1.17|
|Location||1 Bell Street, Whitchurch, RG28 7AE|
|Proposal||New AC units and relocation of AC unit|
|Response||Cllr J Buckley PROPOSED no objection; SECONDED by Cllr A Jordan. The vote was unanimous.|
8. Tree Warden
Training will take place on 8th March 2017 from 10.00 – 11.30 am. So far two volunteer Tree Wardens had come forward; Cllr J Buckley PROPOSED that WTC advertises during the next week for more volunteers. SECONDED by Cllr A Jordan, all were in favour. ACTION: KB/JB
9. Application for County Councillor Grant
The Clerk said that she had been unable to proceed with the application due to lack of details or costings to submit.
- The Old Chapel, London Street – Cllr Isbester and a resident had expressed concern over the height of a brick wall being built on the corner boundary, and its effect on sight lines when emerging from Test Road. Although the wall complies with the approved planning application, Cllr J Buckley PROPOSED that the Highways Agency is asked if the sight lines are adequate; SECONDED by Cllr J Wall. All were in favour. ACTION: KB
- Bloswood Lane – complaints had been received regarding mud from the building site being deposited on the road. It was agreed to pass the comments to BDBC. ACTION: KB
- Land at Winchester Road – this application would be considered at the BDBC Development Committee on 8th March. Cllr A Jordan and J Buckley provisionally agreed to attend; to be confirmed. ACTION: AJ/JB
- Rec Alley – a complaint had been made regarding deep puddles across the footpath, caused by inadequate drainage. The Clerk to report it to BDBC. ACTION: KB
The meeting closed at 8.27 pm.