There are a number of important documents and policies that govern the way Whitchurch Town Council operates. These are available below:
- Whitchurch Town Council Standing Orders
- Whitchurch Town Council Equal Opportunities Policy
- Whitchurch Town Council Financial Regulations
- Whitchurch Town Council Financial Risk Assessment
- Whitchurch Town Council Operating Framework
- Code of Conduct for Parish and Town Councils
- General Power of Competence – a briefing paper
- Protocol for Reporting at Meetings
- Whitchurch Town Council Grants Policy
- Members’ Registers of Interests are recorded at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council – click here to go to the website, then click on an individual councillor’s name.
At all times, your Councillors strive to act in the best interests of the Town, but they can only do this if they are kept well informed of the needs and opinions of the local people. Please let them know your concerns and observations, by direct approach to individual Councillors; by attending Council meetings and taking part in the public participation immediately prior to commencement; by writing, phoning, or e-mailing; or by personal visit to the office, where the Clerks will be happy to note and pass on any enquiries or comments.